As a member of the sales and marketing team, Sales Development Representative is a customer-centric, ambitious, forward-thinking, outcome-driven individual who will play a key role in ensuring the success of all Aeries lead generating and qualifying activities. As an entry level sales position, the SDR role is multifaceted and provides a sales learning experience from the ground up! Our sales and marketing team is ready for a fun, upbeat person looking to break into sales.
All About Aeries
Aeries is a Student Information System (SIS) that serves millions of users (including students, teachers, parents and school and district staff) across California and Texas. Our mission is to deliver data-driven, intuitive, and innovative solutions that empower communities to advance student success. Our vision at Aeries is to build a world where data empowers educators. We believe strongly in the supporting role of technology in education, but recognize that there’s no replacement for the wisdom and determination of the real people supporting students’ academic successes every day. That’s why our goal is to build tools that allow educators to focus on what they do best: educating.
Aeries is a successful family-owned and operated education software company that prioritizes quality of life, user experience, and long-term successes of those we serve. We build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers and our team members.
All About You
- Proactive, forward-thinking, and problem-solving mindset
- Data-driven and outcome-oriented
- Empathy for customers and team members
- Creating and maintaining a collaborative work environment
- Develop rapport and relationships with prospects, customers, and partners
- Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communications
- Project, time, and stress management
- Prioritizing, problem-solving, and multitasking
Your Experience & Skills
- Video Prospecting
- Customized Outreach
- Active Listening and Adaptability
- Self Awareness
- Overcoming Objections
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience preferred
- SIS or EdTech experience preferred, not required
- Salesforce, Salesloft experience preferred, not required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (or equivalent work experience) preferred, not required
All About the Job
As an SDR you will collaborate closely with our sales and marketing team members. Aeries is in 2 markets nationally, California and Texas. You will assist in organizing conferences for the sales team and help to develop marketing campaigns that will generate qualified leads. Attention to detail is paramount for this position. All areas of lead tracking will be managed through Salesforce and Salesloft. Appointment setting and lead qualification will be paramount and measured by key metrics quarterly. With the support of a great sales team and marketing team, this position will have no challenges jumping right into a very fun department.
- Help to create strategic sales campaigns with the Aeries Marketing Coordinator and Aeries Account Executives.
- Coordinate continuous and targeted outbound lead campaigns for individual Account Executives
- Coordinate and assist in organizing conferences in key CA and TX based markets
- Develop calling, mailing, and emailing lists for upsell opportunities
- Develop calling, mailing, and emailing lists for Greenfield opportunities
- Assist Account Executives with quote production, collateral organization, and sales travel
- Assist Sales Director with key reporting metrics and dashboard organization for lead tracking and conversion rates
- Attend key conferences in CA and TX to assist sales team where applicable.
- Our HQ is in Orange, California but hybrid remote work is available
- Travel in California and Texas is required
- $25 – $30 Hourly, based on experience and skills
- Possible Commission Structure available based on 6 month performance review
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO, fun people and atmosphere
Throw your name in the hat by sending your resume and an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aeries Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.