As members of the Aeries Programming Department, Middle to Senior Level Developers help design and implement the next generation of our flagship Student Information System. We are at the beginning stages of building a new cloud-centric application leveraging the latest technologies while maintaining our current application. Mid-Senior Developers will work with many aspects of the application in a cross-functional team to build an exceptional application. In this role, you will not only be responsible for developing applications to solve problems but will also be creating applications that will have a positive impact on student success.
All About Aeries
Aeries is a Student Information System (SIS) that serves millions of users (including student, teachers, parents and school and district staff) across California and Texas. Our mission is to deliver data-driven, intuitive, and innovative solutions that empower communities to advance student success. Our vision at Aeries is to build a world where data empowers educators. We believe strongly in the supporting role of technology in education, but recognize that there’s no replacement for the wisdom and determination of the real people supporting students’ academic successes every day. That’s why our goal is to build tools that allow educators to focus on what they do best: educating.
Aeries is a successful family-owned and operated education software company that prioritizes quality of life, user experience, and long-term successes of those we serve. We build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers and our team members.
All About You
- Great programming skills
- An attention to details
- A willingness to learn and explore new technologies
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
- Can work alone as well as in a team; must be a team player
- Excellent creativity and problem-solving skills
Your Experience & Skills
- Full Stack Development
- Handling many aspects of the application, including but not limited to performance, scalability, security, and testing
- Creating highly scalable, web-based applications
- Proficient with relational and non-relational database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL and NoSQL
- Proficient in C# or Similar Languages such as Java
We highly value a candidate with experience in:
- Test-Driven Development
- Domain Driven Design
- Asynchronous Programming
- Entity Framework
- CQS/CQRS Design
- Dependency Injection
- Cloud Development
- Microservice design and implementation
- Experience converting legacy applications
All about the Job
- Participate in SCRUM planning sessions, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospective meetings
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, System Architects and other team members to develop deliverables
- Work with UI/UX team to develop user-friendly, front-end interfaces
- Work on back-end solutions
- Generate unit tests
- Hands on development as well as mentoring other team members
- Our HQ is in Orange, California but remote work is available.
- Expect some travel throughout California and Texas.
- $85,000 – $135,000 Salary, based on experience and skills
- Bonuses awarded for exceptional performance
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO, fun people and atmosphere
Throw your name in the hat by sending your resume and an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aeries Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.