As a member of the Aeries Support Department, Database Administrators (DBA I and DBA II) are responsible for providing customer support for database setup, configuration and maintenance; complex data troubleshooting; 3rd party product integrations custom; and the delivery of other technical projects. DBAs will work closely within their team and with Support Analysts, Escalation Specialists, Implementation Coordinators, 3rd party vendor representatives, as well as members of the Aeries Product and IT divisions. In this role, you will be responsible for resolving customer issues, supporting customer usage of Aeries products, and ultimately supporting districts in initiatives that have a positive impact on student success.
All About the Job
Aeries DBAs are key members of the support team who work diligently to ensure all issues/items/events are resolved expediantly and/or escalated through established workflows as appropriate. DBA team-members (DBA I and II) are expected to operate within defined department processes and workflows, meet individual and department KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and SLAs (Service Level Agreements) on an ongoing basis, and work independently or collaboratively on assigned projects.
- Through a combination of customer-submitted support tickets and assigned projects, you will provide troubleshooting and problem-solving support for issues directly pertaining to student data and the database.
- Coordinate with customers to establish product integrations using SFTP, API, OneRoster and/or Ed-Fi integration methods.
- Serve as a member of new district implementation teams and complete milestones including building databases, perform New Year Rollovers, establish 3rd party integrations, and enable ancillary products
- Assist with Web and Reporting Server Configuration and Management
- Thoroughly document all actions, troubleshooting steps, and information on tickets using Freshdesk
- Ensure data confidentiality and security
- Participate in company mandated training and retraining programs
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled and ad-hoc department and divisional meetings
- Collaborate with DBA, DBA II and Database Analyst Lead and DBA Manager on complex issues that require escalation
- DBA IIs can expect to be assigned additional short- and long-term complex projects/tasks
- DBA IIs may be expected to mentor team-members and/or assist with new employee onboarding
All About You
- A problem-solver
- Attention to detail
- Analytically minded
- Can work productively alone as well as in a team
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills in a manner that is accessible to technical and non-technical customers.
- Understanding of the basic tenets of relational database technology and be able to accurately communicate them to others
- Reliable and dependable
- Excellent time-management and prioritizing skills
- Strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Willingness to continuously learn as our application and company grows
Your Experience and Skills
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the areas of Microsoft SQL databases management
- Experience with administration of data warehouse or SIS software; knowledge of Aeries end-user experience and database structure preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL from basic queries to custom scripts
- Working knowledge of Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading processes
- Working knowledge installing and configuring servers to meet functional specifications
- College or university coursework in computer related field
- Ability to generate scripts and/or queries to automate data management process
- Preferred experience in software support to end users
- Demonstration of database management best practices
All About Aeries
Aeries is a Student Information System (SIS) that serves millions of users (including students, teachers, parents, and school and district staff) across California and Texas. Our mission is to deliver data-driven, intuitive, and innovative solutions that empower communities to advance student success. Our vision at Aeries is to build a world where data empowers educators. We believe strongly in the supporting role of technology in education, but recognize that there’s no replacement for the wisdom and determination of the real people supporting students’ academic successes every day. That’s why our goal is to build tools that allow educators to focus on what they do best: educating.
Aeries is a successful family-owned and operated education software company that prioritizes quality of life, user experience, and long-term successes of those we serve. We build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers and our team members.
- Our HQ is in Orange, California
- Remote, hybrid or onsite work options available
Occasional travel to school districts in California and Texas
- Salary Range: $75,000 – 110,000 annual, based on experience and skills
- Salaried-exempt position; Evening and weekend hours required during annual “peak” season and for special projects
- Semi-annual bonuses awarded for exceptional performance
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Full vaccination is a requirement for this role. Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine card in the company’s confidential record system. Aeries Software Inc. will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Throw your name in the hat by sending your resume and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aeries Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.